Mechanical Trade Assistant
Opened: 8th March 2016
- Fair income for the right individuals
- Harmonious and challenging environment
- Casual and full time appointments
Due to our company’s market growth in WA, casual appointments exist in our Perth operation. Our organisation requires people who show they are well presented and have good communication skills. The successful applicants must have at least 3 years industry experience. Knowledge and well developed skills in the installation of ducted air conditioning and air cooling systems will be an advantage in the selection criteria. You may be required to assist with the installation of solar equipment as part of your casual role.
You must also have the ability to work unsupervised in the installation of air conditioning and solar equipment. A high level of organisational skills will be required with the ability to make sound decisions.
In return we offer a working environment where you will be rewarded commensurate with the skills you possess.
In this position you are delegated the authority to represent the company in the capacity of assisting tradspeople in installation of commercial and residential air conditioning, heating, cooling and general mechanical systems.
Qualifications and Licences
- Have a current “A” class driver’s licence.
Core Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- You shall be able to competently assist in the installation of air conditioning and mechanical equipment and ancillary components into a wide variety of applications
The role will also encompass:
- Client liaison
- Supplier liaison
- Liaison with tradespeople, supervisors, project managers, general management and administration personnel.
An Air Conditioning Trades Assistant is required to accept ownership of responsibility and to adhere to any relevant regulatory guidelines or requirements and the policies and procedures of the company when carrying out duties.
Supports the business:
By actively adhering to company strategy, policy and Mission Statement.
Uniform Dress Policy:
To conform to the company uniform / dress policy.
To follow instructions given with efficiency and within deadlines.
To show concern for and compliance with occupational health and safety regulations and work practices.
To work co-operatively with management and colleagues.
To display a positive customer service attitude.
Knowledge of your current position:
To have the technical knowledge and skills required to undertake the position.
Quality of Work:
To exhibit accuracy and thoroughness on the job.
To exhibit quality and quantity of work output and a good work ethic.
To be able to be relied upon to complete tasks within allotted time.
To have skills in adjusting to changing conditions such as increased workloads or new procedures and duties without numerous explanations or reminders.
Attendance / Punctuality:
To ensure regular and punctual work deadlines and attendances at work are met.
Motivation / Initiative:
To be able to see opportunities and take action before being asked or forced to by events.
Participation in Project Air Conditioning Culture:
To understand the Project Air Conditioning way of doing things and apply the Project Air Conditioning culture in daily activities.
To use effective verbal and written expression of thoughts and ideas and the ability to listen and understand and be understood by others.
To be able to organise and perform work by establishing priorities and structuring tasks in a planned orderly manner.
To be able to work effectively with others and show a willingness to participate in team orientated activities. To be able to influence and co-operate with others and to understand other people’s needs and act with integrity at all times.
Customer Service Skills:
To be responsible to the needs of others, promptly respond to both internal and external customers and understand Project Air conditioning’s values and apply these values for customer satisfaction.
Problem solving and Decision Making Skills:
To identify and analyse problems, making logical and decisive decisions.
Quality and Safety Management Knowledge and Skills:
To be able to observe Occupational Health and Safety Practices. To be able to comply with and work to quality work instructions and safe work practices and procedures.
To be able to influence, coach, motivate others to achieve objectives. Able to select, develop and motivate individuals and work teams.
To be able to place issues in broader context. Be a long term conceptual thinker.
- To provide a Federal Police Clearance Certificate within one month of commencement date
- To satisfactorily pass a full pre-employment medical examination
- To develop and sustain a workplace environment which enables effective two-way communications between you, colleagues, customers and suppliers
- To be continually looking towards increasing productivity in the functions related to the work undertaken and aims to improve and streamline processes and work practices
- To adhere to safe workplace practices when carrying out duties
- To reflect the company’s image as being a professional, knowledgeable and customer service driven organization having regard for dress standards, personal grooming and appropriate community attitudes
- To provide professionalism and competent knowledge and skills to our customers, thus ensuring their needs are satisfied and their expectations exceeded in respect to our customer service and work standards
- To have respect for all fellow employees and due consideration for their roles and responsibilities
- Where necessary ensure that customers are fully informed of aspects related to the work being conducted
- Where required, ensure customers are instructed and conversant on the operation of the installed system/s
- Ensure the security of company assets.
- Ensure any required documentation is correctly completed.
- If applicable to your employment, ensure vehicle remains clean at all times.
- If applicable to your employment, ensure vehicle is well maintained mechanically.
Information for International Applicants
Project Air Conditioning Pty Ltd is an Australian government approved business sponsor for the temporary employment of people from overseas.
Providing applicants can meet the selection criteria of Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) and Project Air Conditioning Pty Ltd we are able to facilitate the granting of visa sub-class 457 through the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship (www.immi.gov.au).
Trades Recognition Australia is part of the Australian government Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (DEWR).
TRA is the designated assessment authority for a range of trade and associate professional occupations under The Migration Act 1958. TRA plays no role in the issuing of visas.
You may wish to enhance your employment prospects by having your trade qualifications assessed by TRA. This will expedite your application with Project Air Conditioning.
This assessment can be processed on-line at https://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/
Trade Recognition Australia
Trades Recogntion Australia
GPO Box 9879
Canberra ACT 2601
We recommend Ross Relocation Services as a full service relocation company aimed at providing expertise and guidance tailored to your specific needs. For information regarding relocation services, please visit www.rrs.com.au.